Shahrukh Khan, the king or Badhshah of Bollywood, is also a global face of the Indian film industry as well as one of the most dignified and respected figures in India. He has been in the film industry since the 1980s. He started his career in television but later joined the film industry. The first film of Shahrukh Khan was Deewana in the year 1992 and later continued doing big roles in a series of movies which let him set an image in the industry that made him what he is now.
He is not only an outstanding actor but also a producer, director, a television personality, and a businessman as well. Shahrukh Khan has set goals for the newcomers in all the fields including business. Shahrukh, with his sharp mind and Business skills, made decisions while signing films that earned him in millions. He has also been featured among the highest paid celebrities of the year 2016 by Forbes.
He left behind Robert Downey Jr. And Brad Pitt with $33 million to become the highest earning film star from India. But, his net worth is $600 million dollars which also include his business projects. A number of times, he proved himself to be a better business person than a better actor. Some of the most discussed and popular businesses owned by Shahrukh Khan include:
1. With only 7 years in the film industry, Shahrukh Khan decided to start his own production house named Dreamz unlimited. With two back to back flops, he took a chance and went ahead with making another big budget movie “chalet chalte”. To his surprise and belief, it became a hit. Having that inner confidence to create big budget movies after spending only a few years in the industry, Shahrukh khan proved the world that he is here to stay and do well not only as an inherent actor but also a potential businessman.
2. He also extended his business towards the education sector by joining hands with Kidzania, a multi-national company based in Mexico.
3. Not many people know that the owner of India’s biggest studio of Visual Effects- Red Chillies VFX is Shahrukh Khan and wife Gauri Khan. The company handles the work of all types of special effects of their own home productions and at the same time of other movies as well. He also produces television commercials for a number of global brands which is a strategic move that was much ahead of its time.
4. His interest in sports made him join teams with cricket and other sports. Everybody knows that he is the owner of the IPL team Kolkata Night Riders but not many people know that team KKR is the wealthiest and financially successful among all the IPL teams. He is also the owner of a racing team in i1 super series and has his future plans to own a football team.
5. After the success of “chalte chalte”, he decided to transform his production company from Dreamz unlimited to Red Chillies Entertainment. Later, this became the most successful production house in the industry. This decision literally changed the perspective of looking at Shahrukh Khan not only as an actor but also an excellent businessman.